International lecturer in the field of Orthodontics and Smile’s aesthetics.
Limited practice in Orthodontics at his own private clinic NSD-DENTISTRY (Portugal), since 2013. Cooperate with multidisciplinary teams in Belgium, Germany and Istanbul.
– Received his degree in Dentistry from Universidade Fernando Pessoa (Porto), in 2007.
– In the same year, he created and registered a Smile’s Analysis named SAEF® – Smile’s Aesthetic Evaluation Form®.
– Completed the full-time Orthodontic Postgraduate Program at Tel Aviv University (ISRAEL) from 2008 to 2012.
– Awarded with the 1st prize at the 4th Scientific Research International Competition of the Spring Meeting of the EAED (European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry), in 2010, in London (UK).
– Elected ambassador for EPSOS (European Postgraduate Students Orthodontic Society) for Portugal and Israel for the years 2011 and 2012.
– Awarded by SEDO (Sociedad Española de Ortodoncia) with a fund to attend the AGE (Advanced Graduate Education) Didactic Courses at the Department of Orthodontics of HSDM (Harvard School of Dental Medicine), in 2013.
– Member of several national and international dental and orthodontic scientific organisations.
– Limited practice in Orthodontics at his own private clinic NSD-DENTISTRY (Portugal), since 2013.
– Cooperate with multidisciplinary teams in Belgium, Germany and Istanbul.
– International lecturer in the field of Orthodontics and Smile’s aesthetics.
Team approach in challenging aesthetic compromised cases
The time when different specialists of our profession were working alone is definitely over. Interdisciplinary interaction became the gold
standard in Dentistry.
Nowadays, the available technology permits better communication between all team members, resulting in less mistakes during the work
execution. These tools, together with the respect for biological principles, makes the decision of the treatment plan option easier.
In this lecture, we will share our experience working together, emphasising the importance of the team planning and execution
combining ortho, perio, pros and lab in order to achieve the best possible results.
Some interdisciplinary challenging clinical cases will be presented and discussed.